Typically I am not a superstitious person. I don’t get caught up in “magical thinking” and yet having found out that we have made the finals for the Mum and Working Awards, I felt compelled to ask you to send us some good luck.
Then I remembered the sorts of things I say to my clients. Particularly young people who worry about things not going their way and easily tune into the negatives within a situation.
1. Take responsibility and if it doesn’t work out as you’d hoped avoid blaming others.
2. Persevere. Good results do not often show up by accident but because you stuck with it and kept going.
3. Be open to finding an alternative route to a positive outcome. Just because one thing doesn’t work out, it doesn’t mean all hope is gone.
4. Be open minded. The more you step back and observe your circumstances from a distance, the more ideas you’ll get about how to resolve it. Relaxing helps this to happen.
5. Trust your gut feelings because these are based on your previous experiences in similar situations.
6. Expect everything to be alright. It gives you the motivation to keep going even if you haven’t achieved what you wanted to just yet.
7. Tomorrow is another day. Even if it doesn’t work out today there is a new opportunity tomorrow and you have a whole extra days-worth of learning and experience by the time you reach tomorrow, and that might be useful.
And here it is:
Ta – da!
We have now made it to the finals for the mum and working awards for best use of technology in a family friendly business.
Best use of technology within a family-friendly business ~ For any business/charity/company or operation utilising technology or technical innovation to facilitate flexible working – APPS, multi-functional websites, online communication systems etc.
The results will be announced at the awards ceremony at Campus, London in October.
Maybe Gemma’s (@hypnogem) geeky nature and technology obsessions isn’t such a bad thing after all!
We’ll let you know in October what the results are – either way we already feel like winners 😀
Winners save money – Get £500 off of 2015 training when you sign up before 6pm on 4th August.